Sunday, May 24, 2009

Flash Fiction

Another exercise at ERWA is Flash Fiction.

Tell a story in 100 words or less. Now they've upped it to 200 but I find 100 more challenging. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes not. Not all of my flashers are complete "beginning-middle-end" stories but I like the structure and find that even if the story is not complete, I am able to capture a moment. Like this one:

*********

Dominion

She wakes slowly, careful not to move. Nestled within the circle of his arm, her cheek pressed to his shoulder, she studies him. How peacefully he sleeps, this man who owns her. She aches to wake him and feel his hands and lips and teeth claim her yielding flesh, to hear him growl as he enters her and fills her soul with his power. In this moment, she wants nothing more than for him to take her and remind her that she is his, but she does not.

For in this silent moment before he wakes... he is hers.


*********

Perhaps I should publish a book of "Moments" -- Flash Fiction, Poetry and Cinquains....

Something to think about.

1 comment: